E2BN: Outstanding Computing at KS1
TRAINING LEAD: Kathy Olsson
DATES: Thursday 25th April 2019
Thursday 23rd May 2019
TIMES: 9.30 am > 3.30 pm
COST: One free teacher per course, plus bursary (see terms and conditions via booking link)
COST FOR ADDITIONAL TEACHERS: standard rate
VENUE: Hampton Hargate Primary School, Hargate Way, Peterborough. PE7 8BZ
PRIMARY SCHOOLS OVERVIEW
What can the National Centre for Computing Education offer for primary schools?
We support the teaching of computing at all key stages, by developing teachers’ confidence and subject knowledge.
You will be able to:
- participate in bursary-supported* face-to-face CPD including programming and algorithms, and free online CPD
- browse free, quality assured resources to help you plan, deliver and assess learning
- find regionally delivered CPD (Regional Delivery Partners, Computing Hubs) and CAS communities of practice in your area so you can network with other computing educators
- develop links with industry partners to bring the computing curriculum to life in your classroom
- gain inspiration to build your confidence across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2
*Am I eligible?
Any teacher can access our CPD, online resources and events. Face-to-face CPD from the National Centre for Computing Education is free to the first teacher from a priority primary school (schools in category 5 or 6 Local Authority Districts) to participate in face-to-face CPD and they will also be eligible to receive a bursary to help cover the costs involved in participating.
How do I get involved?
Access CPD and other support by creating an account on E2BN's website: https://teachcomputing.org/