Maths in the EYFS: A Course for Reception NQT/NQT + 1/ Teachers & TAs new to Reception
Delivered by Al Caroll of Peterborough Learning & Teaching Associates
This course will provide delegates with the opportunity to enhance their understanding of and provision for effective mathematical development in the early years. In addition to exploring key concepts and skills, delegates will consider implications for learning environments, resources and adult support. The course will be delivered over 2 half days and 1 twilight follow up session.
- As a result of attending this course, delegates will have developed their understanding of: The statutory EYFS requirements for Mathematical Development and linked areas of learning;
- The development of early mathematical concepts and skills
- Key elements for practice and provision;
- Strategies to effectively support and extend children’s mathematical thinking and learning;
All delegates must bring a copy of:
- EYFS Statutory Framework
- EYFS Development Matters
- EYFS Profile Exemplification materials for Understanding, Numbers and Shape, Space & Measure
Additional Training Opportunity:
Al Carroll is offering additional training opportunities for delegates that attend Maths in EYFS. She will be able to provide further support with implementing strategies as discussed during training. The focus of this training will be at the discretion of delegates as agreed by their phase leader.
You will be able to discuss this further with Al Carroll at the training sessions.
DATES & TIMES
Session 1: Monday 25th November 2019 - 1.15 pm - 4.15 pm
Twilight: Tuesday 28th January 2020 - 4.00 pm - 5.30 pm
Session 2: Tuesday 3rd March 2020 - 1.15 pm - 4.15 pm
Hampton Hargate Primary School, Hargate Way, Hampton Hargate, Peterborough. PE7 8BZ