Deepening Understanding of Maths: A Course for NQTs/NQT +1
Delivered by Suzie Julien of Peterborough Learning & Teaching Associates
- To outline the progression of key areas of mathematics;
- To identify how to deepen understanding in mathematics;
- To identify key strategies for mastering mathematics.
- To plan and develop the big ideas in mathematics.
- Know the progression for calculation and fractions;
- Recognise how to deepen activities to secure understanding of key concepts;
- Understand how to reason in mathematics;
- Plan units of work around the big ideas in mathematics.
These sessions will support NQTs/NQTs+1 in developing their understanding of the progression
in calculation for all four operations, and the different mental and written methods (informal
and formal) children should be using, in line with the requirements of National Curriculum. The
session will also focus on how to design activities to ensure there is a depth of understanding of
key concepts. The mastery approach emphasises depth of understanding in mathematics; these
sessions will provide teachers with a wide range of techniques, methods and resources to
achieve mastery in mathematics.
DATES & TIMES
Session 1: 15 November 2018 > 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Twilight 1: 24 January 2018 > 3.45pm - 5.15pm
Session 2: 12 February 2018 > 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Twilight 2: 7 March 2018 > 3.45pm - 5.15pm
£160.00 per person for all 4 sessions - only £40.00 per session
Hampton Hargate Primary School, Hargate Way, Hampton Hargate, Peterborough.
Please click the document below if you would like a downloadable flyer.